Families gathered on the Grand Lawn at Palmilla Beach to celebrate our country's independence with…
AFTER THE BEACH, TRY SOMETHING NEW WITH THE KIDS:
• Pirate Cruise
• Dolphin Watching
• Lighted Boat Parade
• Sand Santa photo op
• Sandcastle Building Lessons
• Christmas Golf Cart Parade
• Scary movies on Halloween
• Palmilla Beach Turkey Trot
• Learn about saving sea turtles
at Animal Rehabilitation Keep
• Port A Museum
• USS Lexington Museum
• Playscapes, bike trails,
boardwalk and splash pad/pool
Do you know what a Farley Boat is? The Farley family of Port Aransas developed a special boat for tarpon fishing. Even FDR fished from a Farley! Get to know a Farley boat at the Wooden Boat Festival or visit Farley Boat Works @ 716 West Avenue C!
You can go treasure hunting on San Jose Island! This private island’s beach is open for rustic day adventures and word has it you may find Spanish gold from shipwrecks as far back as the 1500s. Take the Jetty Boat from Fisherman’s Wharf!
Margarita Madness happens at the same time as March Madness but instead of basketball you get to sample and vote for your favorite margaritas. Salud!
FUN FOR THE FAMILY:
• Wooden Boat Festival: celebrating wooden boats only (including the Farley boat) where you can help build a boat over the weekend and launch it on Sunday
• Port Aransas Community Theater
• Fishing Tournaments; experience the hoopla of the final “weigh-in” and its raucous competition
• Fireworks from the Roberts Point Park…experience it on the water from a boat!
• Charter a boat and spend a day fishing
• Beach, Beach, Beach
ACTIVITIES FOR ADULTS:
• Seasonal Shop Arounds
• Sunset Sounds (Live music and tailgate picnicking the first Friday of May, June, July, August and September.)
• Margarita Madness
• Restaurant Week
TAKE YOUR TIME:
• Birding; 6 Sites on the Great Texas Birding Trail on Mustang Island
• Yoga on the Beach
• Card Nights
• Port Aransas Arts Center
• Lecture Series
Did you know that Ladies Week at the Beach is a thing in September and October? Once those kids are back at school, the moms book a week at the beach with their girlfriends. Surf, sun, and shopping fun! It’s never too late to try something new in Port Aransas.